As the weather starts to get colder and a new season appears on the horizon, it brings with it a variety of new opportunities and experiences. Here at In Full Bloom, we love Autumn for many reasons, including the hot drinks, the snuggly nights, and of course, the beautiful array of flowers that start to blossom at this time of year.
Autumn transforms Australia every year with blossoming bouquets of flowers that you just can’t find at any other time of year. To celebrate, we’re reaching out to everyone else who loves Autumn.
The Best Flowers for Autumn
To pay homage to this unique season, we’re going to be counting down some of our favourite flowers for this time of year; these include some of the blossoms you’ll see in our bouquets.
- Dahlias: One of the best-known flowers of fall, Dahlias are attractive for their flamboyant colours and unique petals. These stunning blooms have dozens of species to choose from and thousands of hybrids so that you can find them in virtually every colour!
- Alyssum: Available in soft pastel shades, this delicate flower is ideal for those in search of wonderful scents and gentle beauty. These seeds are very easy to grow, and they can even hang from large pots and baskets too!
- Asters: These unique daisy-style blooms give a touch of spring to your Autumn look. Great for filling a garden with species that don’t require a lot of maintenance, you can find Asters in shades of blue, pink, and white. Make sure that these blossoms get plenty of light and water so that they can thrive in the Autumn weather.
- Sunflowers: Most people see sunflowers as the perfect flower for summer. However, we think that they fit well in the autumn months too. If you want to make a friend or family member smile, why not send them a bouquet?
- Pansies: A favourite of Australian gardens for decades, pansies are easy to get hold of, and look fantastic, even just sitting in a pot. The great thing about these blossoms is that they can withstand virtually any weather – including the cold.
- Chrysanthemums: Often associated with mother’s day, these lush yet casual blossoms look perfect in a bouquet or arrangement. They’re often resistant to pests and diseases, which makes maintaining them very easy. Additionally, you can find these flowers in a host of shades, from corals and garnets to gold and orange.
- Echinacea: This unique purple coneflower is a reliable and easy-to-grow daisy-like perennial. Flowering for several months of the year, it’s great for attracting bees and butterflies to your garden. There are plenty of different varieties of this blossom to choose from, making it a great pick for a special bouquet.
Flower Places Near Me
There are so many wonderful flowers to explore in the Autumn months, that it’s challenging to list them all. Just look at the Colchicum for instance – the autumn crocus or meadow saffron. This stunning perennial delivers a star-shaped flower that blooms perfectly in August and September.
If you’ve got a favourite blossom that sparks into life just in time for the latter half of the year, why not let us know about it in the comments below? Alternatively, share your love of the seasons with friends and family members by sending them a hand-picked bouquet with InFullBloom.